Sunday

It was a cold one!

Well all I can say by the time nationals rolls around I am prepared of any weather condition. Yesterday was my opener I competed in shot putt, long jump, high jump, and 200m. The weather was 7-10degrees and light sprinkles of rain. My day started with shot at 10a.m. which started late so I was warmed up then cooled down then had a hard time getting warm again. I threw in all my layers of cloths and couldn't feel my hands. If any of you really know me you know I HATE the cold, and probably the worst conditions for me to compete in is cold. Because i get cold quick and I have raynolds in my hands. I don't mean to be making excuses. By the end of shot I threw awful (9m)I was cold and pissed because it didn't go well. I had to go LJ. at this point i didn't even want to compete because of the weather I had such negative thoughts running through my head. I went for a good warm up jog and told myself "leanna get your head in this, make the best of what you got" It took a long warm up and and some positive self talk but a manged to pull things together for LJ I jump 5.42 with no jump going under 5.30m so a great series to start outdoors with. Next event was HJ was haven't had great facility access to practice HJ so I wasn't sure how it would go but they kept it inside which meant i would be warm! I was a little inconstant with my runway but had a 5cm PB and jump 1.60m I was pumped about this! The last event was the 200m I was feeling a little sore from my other events but got warm. Then went outside and tired to stay warm by using little energy because I was running on empty. I cooled right down and by the time I was in the blocks I felt like i was doing a warm up stride. Not the best thing to feel. So i took it out well the first 150m but then my legs just stopped moving and I got passed with 30m to go. It didn't feel good or quick. But lessons learned this weekend about competing in cold: stay warm, and get inside and stay inside until the moment you must go out, stay positive, and look for a warmer climate next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment