Thursday

First Race Rain Out

Unfortunately the weather in Halifax has been less then stellar. So my opening 800m was cancelled. I was wanting to still get a time. I was able to run at the dalplex yesterday. I ran 2.37 which is a 16sec PB. I am happy with it but it was hard to race in a non race environment. But at least I got the feel of what a 800m feels like. My coach Rich said I didn't not run it hard enough because I recovered to quick. But if its one talent I do have, it is fast recovery. Needless to say rich plans on pushing my limits the next few weeks to really shows me how to run fast through lactic pain. This is a feeling I have never needed to feel in any sport i did. So I am nervous and excited about the workouts to come!

This weekend I am going to Moncton to do shot putt, Long jump, high jump, and 200m I hope the weather cooperates. I will pray to the track Gods! I am hoping to see some good results as I have done some serious volume coming into my outdoor season and am starting to feel fresh going into comp season! I am supper pumped to even just get away for the weekend. I know its just Moncton but it will be on the track where last year junior worlds were held. So great facilities!!!

I will send updates on how I do!

Keep striving for your dreams!!

No comments:

Post a Comment